Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Sunday Salon: Books Read in May

Most of May was devoted to reading middle-grade readers in preparation for a literature circle class I'm going to be teaching at our co-op this fall.

Books Reviewed:
Epileptic by David B.
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Middle-grade reader.
Ties That Bind, Ties That Break. Middle-grade reader.
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. Middle-grade reader.

Books Read but Not Yet Reviewed:
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank.
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.
Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George.
Sounder by William Armstrong.

I'm currently reading Things Fall Apart for a high school World Lit class I'll be teaching. I've got a bunch of re-reading to do in preparation for that class that will probably take up most of my June reading.

Perhaps in July I can start tackling my own TBR list!

2 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

Looks like you had a good reading month. I haven't heard of a lot of these, will look out for them for my daughters. I have The Boy in Striped Pyjamas in my TBR pile.

Literary Feline said...

Cutting Stone is on my radar. I've heard such good things about it. Good luck with your June reading. I have a number of books I am hoping I will be able to get to this summer too. There never seems to be quite enough time to get to all I want to.