Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Sunday Salon: November in Review

Books Read in November
(click for review)
Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Juvenile Fiction: When My Name Was Keoko by Linda Sue Park; Tangerine by by Edward Bloor; Crazy Lady by Jane Leslie Conly

Favorite Book of the Month
Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok. Absolutely fantastic!

Books Read to the Kids
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

Up Next
I might spend all of December reading Janet Evanovich. I blame my friends Laurie, Sarah, and Rachel.

Movies from Books Watched
Like Water for Chocolate. I actually think I liked the movie better than the book!
Prince Caspian. So the first time I saw the movie, I hadn't read the book in probably 5 years. This time, we had just finished reading the book. Wow! We were all flabbergasted by the changes from book to movie.


Books Added to My Ever-Growing TBR List
Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout
Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout
The Distant Hours by Kate Morton
The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner (our book club pick for January)
Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (reviewed at Lesa's Book Critiques)

4 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I really must get to the Evanovich books on my stack! Especially Wicked Appetite!

I see some books on yours that I'm wanting to read: The Distant Hours and Left Neglected.

Hope you enjoy your books.

Here's my salon:

(click my name)

DanaB said...

You must read those Evanovich books--they are light and full of laugh out loud moments!

Happy Reading :)

~~
http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/

gautami tripathy said...

I read only three books in November. Two are Tintin albums and third was from October!

Here is my Weekly Geeks post!

Erin said...

I loved Girl in Translation as well. And I just started Prince Caspian this morning!

I was not impressed with the book Like Water for Chocolate, so maybe I'd like the movie better?