Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Book Reviews:Reading Janet Evanovich

So my sister-in-law has been telling me for years that I need to read Janet Evanovich. Then several of my friends confessed that Evanovich is their guilty pleasure and finally persuaded me to read the Stephanie Plum series. So yep, I started and I haven't yet been able to stop.

This is a pretty weird thing for me. I like the idea of a series, but I despise reading books 1 and 2 and then waiting years for book 3. I never get back to series like that, with the exception of the Ladies No. 1 Detective series. But I've got 15 years of Evanovich books to read, so I should be well occupied for awhile.

Except that, well, I'm getting a bit tired of Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter. The books are really fun and addictive, if you haven't read them yet. I've now finished One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to Get Ready, and Four to Score. I'm ready for something deep and maybe even a bit troubling. Definitely something thought-provoking. So sometime in the next couple of days, before everything closes down for Christmas, I'm heading to the library with my TBR list.

And maybe I'll pick up High Five and Hot Six while I'm there. After all, if I'm going to sit around and eat Christmas cookies and Chex mix, I might as well read Janet Evanovich.

1 comment:

Carin Siegfried said...

Everyone and their brother has been talling me to read Evanovich for years. I don't really read mysteries or series, and I'm not exactly at loose ends for what to read, so I've been resisting but my family would be so happy if I finally caved and started them like you! But you getting a little tired of Stephanie makes me rally in my determination to keep saying no!