Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Next Up: Books on my Spring TBR List

What's next on my reading list is mostly based on what becomes available on my e-READS library holds, as well as squeezing in my book club's monthly choice. There are also a couple books I'm working through slowly, a chapter every couple of weeks.

 Currently Reading


Next up (library e-reads):


For Book Clubs:

(I'm  listening to Love, Life, and Elephants)



This is for a discussion group initiated by a college friend of mine with a group of women I don't know (i.e., not either of my regular book clubs). My friend, whose parents grew up in and around Cherokee, NC (including on the reservation), will also be reading a few excerpts from her memoir-in-progress.


Coming soon on my library wait list for e-reads:

The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein (wait time: 2 weeks)*

What My Mother and I Don't Talk About by Michele Filgate (wait time: 2 weeks)*

The Kindest Lie by Nancy Johnson (wait time: 2 weeks)*

 {*YIKES! Three books coming at the same time -- my usual predicament!}

Girl A by Abigail Deen (wait time: 6 weeks)

Four Hundred Souls by Ibram X. Kendi (wait time: 10 weeks)

The Paris Library by Janet S. Charles (wait time: 14 weeks)


Physical Books on my Shelf

I prefer to read on my Kindle because I have terrible eyesight! But I do have dozens of actual books that are waiting to be read. These are at the top of my gigantic stack:


My Dear Hamilton by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie: This is for July book club, but it's over 600 pages, so I should start it in June!

The Wife Upstairs by Frieda McFadden: Borrowed this one from my daughter.

Kindred by Octavia Butler: My younger son read this in his freshman English class last year, and I keep seeing references to it. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Pylon by William Faulkner: My older son, who somehow has ALL my Faulkner books, gave me this one for my birthday. It's one of only a couple of Faulkner's novels that I haven't read.


Twelve books for spring seems like just the right goal... but I find that surprises always come along!

Linked up with Top 10 Tuesday at That Artsy Reader Girl


5 comments:

Ellie said...

Kindred is really good, but hard to read at times.

Lydia said...

I agree with Ellie's thoughts on Kindred.

My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-spring-2021-tbr/

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I've never read Kindred but it's one of those books that everyone seems to love so it's on my radar. I should go see if my library has it while I'm thinking about it.

I hope you enjoy these when you get to them!

Susan said...

I enjoy Jane Harper's books. THE SURVIVORS isn't my favorite of hers, but it's still a compelling, twisty read. I hope you enjoy it and all these others!

Happy TTT!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Our book club loved Beneath a Scarlet Sky. It has a unique point of view for a WWII novel.