Monday, October 4, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I am determined to get through more books this month than I did in September. That was pitiful! I started reading Confederates in the Attic, which has been on my TBR list for seven years (yes, really). It was very interesting but I could tell after the first couple of chapters that it would be slow reading, so I moved to Like Water for Chocolate, which has also been on my reading list for years.

I'm glad I switched, at least for now. Confederates in the Attic chronicles author Tony Howitz's journey across the south as he documents the continuing obsession with the Civil War. It's fascinating, but I wasn't quite in the mood for it. I do intend to return to this one soon.

I'm pretty sure most people have read or seen Like Water for Chocolate, but I must have been having babies then. I am loving the wonderful tale of Tita and her crazy Mexican family, and the movie is now on my Netflix queue.

That's what I'm reading on this chilly Monday.

Linked up with other Monday reads at Book Journey

2 comments:

Marbel said...

My reading life right now is pathetic. I'm jumping around in lots of books, dabbling in many, finishing none. The one I am most enjoying is Black Lamb and Grey Falcon by Rebecca West; it is a slow book, one to put down and pick up again. It works well that way, though.

I have to admit I like neither the book nor the movie of Like Water for Chocolate. Oh well.

Jennifer said...

I'm reading 2 books right now. One is left by my bed and the other in the living room, so I just keep picking them up when I'm nearby. :)
Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell and Little Dorritt by Charles Dickens (which is VERY thick!).