Thursday, October 9, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Meme

btt button

Today's Booking Through Thursday is a book meme that's been circulating around the web. Here goes:

What was the last book you bought?

I have no idea. I ordered a bunch of Scholastic books recently but I don't remember any of the titles and haven't received the order yet. But I did just receive When the Emperor Was Divine via PaperbackSwap.

Name a book you have read MORE than once

To Kill a Mockingbird

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?

The Bible seems the obvious answer here.

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews

Recommendations and reviews.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?

Both, but I read more fiction.

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?

Beautiful writing. No matter how gripping the plot, bad writing kills a book.

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?

Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas.

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?

Girl in Hyacinth Blue. I finished it 2 nights ago and haven't yet reviewed it.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?

Yes. Most recently, The Ten Year Nap.

Want to play? Go to Booking Through Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought The Ten Year Nap looked so good!

I forgot about Scout when I was answering that question. Love her!

Beth F said...

I have Tallgrass in my TBR pile, too. I'll get to it one of these days.