Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Revisited Authors I Read in 2020

The prompt for this week's Top Ten Tuesday is "New-to-Me Authors I read in 2020," but I'm going with authors I revisited in 2020—the other list would be much too long!

Here is everything I read in 2020. The authors below are repeat authors; the rest on the list were new-to-me!


The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline: I've also read Sweet Water, Desire Lines, A Piece of the WorldThe Way Life Should Be, and, of course, Orphan Train. I was surprised to peruse my blog and see how many books of Kline's I have read and enjoyed!

Persuasion by Jane Austen: A re-read for book club. I've also read Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Emma.


The Bean Trees
by Barbara Kingsolver: Re-read for another book club. I've read lots of Kingsolver: The Lacuna,  The Poisonwood Bible (three times), Pigs in Heaven, Prodigal Summer, Animal Dreams. There are several I have yet to read and need to add to my TBR list.

The Secrets of Love Story Bridge by Phaedra Patrick. I'd previously read The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper and loved it. The Library of Lost and Found is on my library wait list.

The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate. I've also read Before We Were Yours.

Upstream: Selected Essays by Mary Oliver. I've read many collections of Oliver's poems, including Devotions, A Thousand Mornings, Why I Wake Early, and New and Selected Poems.


Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler. I'm not sure there is anything by Anne Tyler I haven't read, beginning with The Accidental Tourist when I was 22, right after graduating from college. I've devoured every one of her books since then.

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. Multiple re-read.

When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica. I've also read The Good Girl and Every Last Lie.

You Were Always Mine by Nicole Baart. I read her Little Broken Things in 2019.


Linked up with Top Ten Tuesday at That Artsy Reader Girl


6 comments:

Lydia said...

The Bean Trees does sound good.

My post.

collettakay said...

It is fun to find an author that you like to read over and over! I hope you can stop by:

https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2021/01/top-ten-tuesday-2020-new-to-me-authors.html

Colletta

Leslie @ Books Are The New Black said...

I don't really re-read many books (wish that I did) but it's so awesome that you have been able to do so!! I'm going to attempt a re-read this year... just going to do it.

My Top Ten

Nicole said...

Great list! I haven't read any of these authors, but I love the idea of listing the authors you read multiple works by.

Anouk @ Time for Tales and Tea said...

Nice idea to reverse the prompt! I also like to re-read my favourite books.
And The Library of Lost and Found sounds amazing, I love books about books!

RS said...


What a fun twist on the topic. Your Anne Tyler devotion is amazing - I'm sure I don't have a single author with 5+ books that I've read more than 80% from.

I've only read Orphan Train from CBK, but I got a copy of The Way Life Should Be at a book sale a couple years ago that I should get around to soon. She definitely seems like someone I'll enjoy multiple books from.

My favorite revisited authors this year were both in YA -- Kim Culbertson (The Possibility of Now; previously read her first 3) and Jessi Kirby (The Other Side of Lost; previously read Golden and In Honor).