Monday, August 4, 2008

The Sunday Salon: Reading Bliss

I'm in the midst of a long vacation: reading bliss. I finished two books on the car trip from Tennessee to upstate New York and I've finished another while lounging on the dock. I've started my fourth vacation book this morning. What I haven't done yet is review any of them, so coming up, reviews of: The Miracle at Speedy Motors (Alexander McCall-Smith), The River King (Alice Hoffman), On Chesil Beach and Atonement (Ian McEwan). I've just started The Secret Between Us, and I can tell this one is going to be hard to put down. And I've still got another week of vacation!

Books Read in July
The Sky Isn't Visible From Here (Felicia Sullivan)
More Than You Know (Beth Gutcheon)
Blue Ridge (TR Pearson)
Briar Rose (Jane Yolen)
Unaccustomed Earth (Jhumpa Lahiri)

Discarded in July (and thus, the worst book of the month):
The Ten-Year Nap (Meg Wolitzer)

Best Book of the Month:
Unaccustomed Earth, but closely followed by The Sky Isn't Visible From Here

No comments: