Thursday, July 19, 2007

Booking Through Thursday: Harry

July 19, 2007

Booking Through Thursday is all about Harry Potter this week. If you want to play, you can leave a comment here or post on your own blog and comment at the BTT site.


1. Okay, love him or loathe him, you’d have to live under a rock not to know that J.K. Rowling’s final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, comes out on Saturday… Are you going to read it?

Absolutely! Harry Potter can be a taboo word in certain homeschooling circles. I had a friend once who actually hid the HP books on her bookshelf when she was hosting a homeschoolers’ meeting at her home so that she wouldn’t get “caught.” Isn’t that silly? I think the cartoon in my On Being Offensive post should end with: "And above all else, don't admit that you read Harry Potter!" One of my best friends and I laugh hysterically over a time when we had just met, and she started spouting off about the horrible HP books. I just looked and her and smiled, and she said, “Oh. Do you read them?” We love each other anyway…

2. If so, right away? Or just, you know, eventually, when you get around to it? Are you attending any of the midnight parties?

No, not right away. Dr. H. has first dibs. Jesse has second. And I will look forward to reading it while I’m on vacation in New York. And no midnight parties. That's just not our thing.

3. And, for the record… what do you think? Will Harry survive the series? What are you most looking forward to?

Yes, I think Harry will survive. I am most looking forward to that moment of perfect peace and quiet when I can crack open the book and enter Harry's world.

No comments: