Monday, April 16, 2007

Book Review: The Eyre Affair

April 16, 2007

Blech. That's what I have to say about this book by Jasper Fforde. I made myself read it, because I kept thinking it must get better. I read so many Book Bloggers who gave The Eyre Affair good reviews, that I thought there must be something redeeming in it eventually. But, boo. It nearly bored me with too much trying-to-be-clever-ness. The Time Traveler's Wife just handles the whole concept of time travel in such a superior, engaging fashion. I probably would have liked this when I was in my very early 20s, as I thought it was fun to read books that were like a game of wit-matching. Now I laugh at things like, "Mommy, what would happen if I were an evil bunny with red eyes?" Give me a good story. I'm just not in a clever season of life.

No comments: