- All Good Gifts (Kathleen Morgan)*
- Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Shaffer and Barrows)*****
- Kitchen Confidential (Anthony Bourdain) *
- Other Side of the Bridge, The (Mary Lawson)*****
- Sarah's Key (Tatiana de Rosnay)*****
- Secret to True Happiness, The (Joyce Meyers)***
- Short Guide to a Happy Life (Anna Quindlen)**
My first post of January was my list of books read in 2008, including the Top 10 and the Bottom 10.
I participated in Sunday Scribblings just once, with the theme being "Phantoms and Shadows." I'm determined to get back into the swing of the weekly scribblings.
I'm also determined to enter reviews at the Book Review Blog Carnival, which is going on this week at Inkweaver Review. One habit that is easy for me to continue is listing my weekly reviews at Semicolon's Saturday Review of Books. I get lots of books for my TBR list there!
A new place to play for me is Library Loot, sponsored by The Striped Armchair. In fact, I've got a bag of books right now that I need to list!
I reviewed one children's book, The Sonshine Girls: Summer Secret, which my 11-year-old daughter absolutely loved. The kids and I have been reading books about slavery for the past month. I'll post an overview soon.
And that's about it for January. I'm about 100 pages into Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter and have a couple more books in my library bag. I can only hope that February turns out to be half as fantastic as January!
To join The Sunday Salon, click here.