I love to think about all the books that our being devoured on a daily basis in our home. Here's what's being read this week:
* I'm reading The Bookseller of Kabul and Corrie ten Boom's Tramp for the Lord and just finished reading Abe Lincoln Grows Up to the younger kids
* Dr. H. is reading The Road and listening to The Grapes of Wrath
* 15-year-old just finished The Road before handing it off to his father and is now reading Lies My Teacher Told Me and Grisham's The Pelican Brief and is also re-reading Satrapi's Persepolis for his English 1010 course at the local community college
* 11-year-old is reading a Madison Finn book and having a Nancy Drew mystery read to her at bedtime
* 8-year-old is reading Uncle Pete's Pirate Adventure and having Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix read to him at bedtime.
I love the hum of a well-read house, the book talk and "how did you like..." conversations. And I'm incredibly thrilled that my son and his friend are busy tonight writing a novel. That makes me inexpressibly happy!