Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Book Review: When Crickets Cry

April 4, 2007

This was our Book Club selection for April, and I absolutely loved this second novel by Charles Martin. I needed to read 3/4s of it Monday in order to be done for last night's Book Club meeting, and that was pure luxury. (After our day of enrichment classes, I felt totally justified in reading for the rest of the day and evening.) The first 60 pages were somewhat confusing, and we all agreed that he made a few mistakes in his opening chapters; however, as this is his second novel, we allowed Mr. Martin those mistakes because this was just an awesome story of redemption and renewal. Martin's dialogue was good (always a big point for me) and his characters likeable and familiar. I absolutely recommend this book and will search out his first and third books now, as well.

No comments: