Friday, April 27, 2007

Book Review: Jerusalem Vigil

April 27, 2007

My parents have been raving about this series by Bodie and Brock Thoene for quite some time, and I finally read the the first book. Phew. It was a quick read, but I had a terrible time keeping track of the huge cast of characters. This is one of those books that switches among 3-4 sets of characters every page, and I have a lot of trouble keeping up. (I can read Faulkner with his 4-page sentences much easier than I get read this kind of modern flash lit.) That said--and I did need to get that criticism off my chest--I did find this book interesting. The story takes place in 1948, just after the new State of Israel was created, and the Jewish and Muslim forces are fighting for control of the holy city. This is just the first book in the Zion Legacy series. I will read one more to see if I can become more caught up in the story; if not, Book 2 will be my last.

No comments: