Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Weekly Geeks: Photos Week

This week's Weekly Geeks is all about photos. Suggestions include photos of a favorite reading spot, your TBR pile(s), a local bookstore or library, our children reading, etc. I've included many of the above in the collage below: my family reading and being read to, a book rack in our home displaying books for a unit study, an exceptionally fun night at my book club, and my favorite used book store.


Also, we are to link to another participant’s WG photo post. And so I've picked:

* Chris at Stuff As Dreams Are Made On gets a link because he posted a picture of my favorite book ever, which he is going to read soon.

* Shelly at Chain Reader gets a link because I love her sidebar description, which includes this: "my reviews may contain such unliterary words as "awesome", "retarded", or "cool". Shelly, you would be my real-life friend.

* And Suey gets a link because I like her abundant and messy bookshelves.

7 comments:

Suey said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the messy bookshelves! Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

I really liked the collage. It gives me an idea to maybe use a slideshow in the future. If not for this week, then maybe in the upcoming weeks...it's nice to not just have one photo or try to figure out how to format the photos. I liked how you incorporated everything into one, though. It really captures the spirit of reading all around.

Shelley said...

Your pictures filled me with joy! Books are just so wonderful, especially if they're a family thing!

Anonymous said...

Yay for reading. I just started "The Last Lecture" last night and am mixed. Maybe I'll have to get someone to snap a picture of me so I can make your next Photos Week Weekly Geeks!

On a side note, I just wanted to let you know that you are currently one drop shy of being in the lead for my weekly entrecard dropping contest. Keep at it so you can win!

Good Luck and happy dropping!

jlshall said...

It's so wonderful to see families sharing a love of reading. And what a great collage. You all look so happy with your books!

tanabata said...

Those are great pictures. It's nice to see your family with their noses stuck in books.

chrisa511 said...

Thanks for the link! I love your pictures by the way...families and books are the best combination! Can't wait to read To Kill a Mockingbird...I'll be sure to let you know what I think :)