Monday, February 5, 2007

Book Review: Bathsheba

February 5, 2007

Subtitled The Love Story that Changed History, this book by Roberta Kells Dorr is the fictional retelling of the David and Bathsheba story. I love historical novels, and I am rivetted especially by Biblical history stories. I've enjoyed all of Francine Rivers' "Lineage of Grace" series (including Unashamed: Bathsheba), "Sons of Encouragement" series, and "Mark of the Lion" trilogy. I also enjoyed Orson Scott Card's "Women of Genesis" series (although I haven't read all of them), and The Red Tent. One of the aspects I love best about Sonlight history is that we read so much historical fiction of Biblical characters and times. All of these renderings, while liberties are often taken, give a broader perspective of life in "Bible times" and flesh out the key people. Bathsheba was definitely a good read. Great details and believable characters.

No comments: