Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Sunday Salon: May in Review

Books Read in May
In the Bag by Kate Klise: "What a fun novel—well written, witty, and insightful."
How to Be an American Housewife by Margaret Dilloway:  "This is an interesting view on post-WW2 through the eyes of a Japanese woman, adding still another perspective to the WW2 experience."
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton: "…everything I could possibly want in a novel."
Saving Ruth by Zoe Fishman (not yet reviewed)

Favorite Book of the Month
No question: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. This could well end up being my favorite book of the year. I loved it so much!

Books Read Aloud (to 11-year-old)
Daughter of the Mountains by Louise Rankin

Added to My Ever-Growing TBR List
Expecting Adam by Martha Beck
An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith by Barbara Brown Taylor
The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok


Now Reading
Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been wanting to read The Forgotten Garden...and In the Bag looks like fun!

Thanks for sharing...and here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

dollycas aka Lori said...

All you books look good to me. I feel my wish list growing again, tee hee!

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I am looking forward to reading The Forgotten Garden myself. Thank you for the thumbs up.