Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Sunday Salon: March in Review


Books Read in March (click for reviews)
  • Brooklyn (Colm Toibin)
  • The Lost Book of Mala R. (Rose MacDowell)
  • Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)--multiple re-read!
  • Kiss River (Diane Chamberlain)
  • The Distant Hours (Kate Morton)


Favorite Book of the Month
• The Distant Hours. Oh my goodness! This was so utterly fantastic. I just finished it last night, so the review will be forthcoming.

Books Read Aloud (with 11-year-old)
• Genghis Khan and the Mongol Horde (Harold Lamb)
• The Wheel on the School (Meindert DeJong)

Added to My Ever-Growing TBR List
• So Long, See You Tomorrow by William Maxwell

Cool Book Tool
What Should I Read Next?  Enter a book you like and the site will analyze its database of real readers' favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.

Currently Reading
You Don't Sweat Much for a Fat Girl by Celia Rivenbark

1 comment:

Heidi’sbooks said...

I read two other Kate Morton books, but not this one. I'll be looking for your review.