Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Sunday Salon: March in Review

Here it is, nearly the middle of April, and I'm still stuck in March. March was a much better reading month than February, and I have high hopes for April

Books Read in March
Still Alice by Lisa Genova--loved it. My review here.
Mudbound by Hillary Jordan--really good. My review here.
Beautiful Boy by David Sheff--excellent but emotionally draining. My review here.
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See--started great but came to a screeching halt midway. My review here.
Much Ado About Nothing by Williams Shakespeare


Best Book of the Month
Still Alice. A sad but captivating story of a woman with early onset Altzheimer's.


Now Reading
Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Wells and re-reading (for about the 5th time) Jane Eyre, which I'm currently teaching in a World Lit class.


Reading to/With the Kids
Tucket's Travels series by Gary Paulsen. Fantastic adventure of a boy trying to get to Oregon after Indians ambushed his wagon train. Reading to Duncan.
The Great Depression (American Adventures novel)
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

The school year is winding down, and I'm looking forward to more time for reading in the coming months!

2 comments:

Staci said...

March turned out to be a great month of reading for you!

Harvee said...

I'll be interested in your review of Shanghai Girls, which I've been thinking of reading. You had a great March! Here's my salon