Friday, April 24, 2009

A Late Night Delivery in a Dark Alley

Earlier this week I posted a review of the final two books of the Twilight series, in which I declared, "… you might feel a bit cheap after reading them." I ended the review by indicating I'd be reading something with "more substance" next. This was all stated after I admitted my own addiction to the books. My friend Michelle, who got me started with the whole Twilight reading spree and supplied the books, told me she felt like I was a secret junkie and she my dealer after reading my review. I loved that.

So I told her (quietly, so that no one could overhear) that I needed to borrow New Moon (the second in the series) again, as I've now hooked my husband on the series. That night she called me and told me that she'd left a present in my mailbox. Here's what I found:

New Moon, carefully disguised as a great work. I love people with a literary (or not) sense of humor! (If you don't know how to play Mad Gab, just keep saying the author's name over until it sounds like a word. For me.)

Thanks, Michelle! You made me laugh really hard!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Haha, that is too funny! Next time I'm reading a romance novel in public, I want to cover it with that and see if anyone gets it. ;)