Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Weekly Geeks Quote #4


Today's quote for Weekly Geeks Quote Week:

There are books so alive that you're always afraid that
while you weren't reading, the book has gone and changed,
has shifted like a river; while you went on living, it went on living too,
and like a river moved on and moved away.
No one has stepped twice into the same river.
But did anyone ever step twice into the same book?

~ Marina Tsvetaeva, 20th century Russian poet ~

This quote is definitely related to my Day #2 quote. It always amazes me, upon re-reading books, is that what I took away from a book at 20 is so much different than what I glean at 30 and 40. I have determined that I am going to put myself on a strict re-reading schedule. I wonder if there is some kind of re-reading challenge floating around out there? I might be inspired to join.

Quote #3 here.
Weekly Geeks Quote #2 here.
Weekly Geeks Quote #1 here.

No comments: