Thursday, February 28, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Heroine

btt button

This week's Booking Through Thursday asks:

Who is your favorite female lead character? And why? (And yes, of course, you can name more than one. I always have trouble narrowing down these things to one name, why should I force you to?)

You can leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments at BBT —or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

**********

That's such an easy one for me. The absolutely amazingly perfect Scout popped into my mind immediately. A few others tried to usurp her--Jane Eyre, for one--but Miss Jean Louise Finch of Maycomb, Alabama can give Jane Eyre a look that'll send her packing. Also, she has the best line ever: "Pass the d*** ham, please." I love her. I love her so much that I totally understood when Demi Moore named her daughter Scout. I can remember thinking, "Aww, now I can't do that since she thought of it first!" So then I always planned to name triplet daughters Harper, Flannery, and Carson (sorry, but Eudora doesn't quite cut it), but, well, we just have one daughter. And she got our first choice of names. Besides Scout, that is.

No comments: